1. Problem Statement:
I’m seeking to replicate the attached funnel within Domo.
[login to view URL]
The funnel data comes from two main sources:
• Google Analytics
2. What I’ve done so far:
• I’ve extracted the data within Domo
• Written beast calculations to extract the data as required in a sandbox
3. Specific Challenge
• I’m seeking to provide percentages/ratios of specific fields
• The problem with comparing this data is that the date range field for each field is different for each field
3.1 There are a number of different dates that are available for each record
[login to view URL]
• User Added on Time
• Valuation Added on Time
• Appointment Status Change Time
• Valuation Status Change Time
• Appointment Date
3.2 To illustrate the issue, let’s assume the following for the month of:
• 100 Valuations (January), 150 Valuations (February)
• 40 Appointments (January), 80 Appointments (February)
• 20 Purchases (January), 40 Purchases (February)
So for January, Purchases/Valuations should be 20% and Purchases/Purchases should be 50% in this example, but I can’t select two different date fields in Domo to create these ratios.
3.3 Let’s illustrate this issue with two examples.
• Adam created a valuation on the 29th January, his appointment is for the 2nd February and his vehicle was purchased on the 5th February.
• Ben created a valuation on the 1st January and his appointment was for the 5th January and his vehicle was purchased on the 10th January.
• Cara created a valuation on the 29th January, her appointment was for the 31st but the buyer updated the appointment on the 1st February to report a purchase
When we analyse this on a monthly view, Adam’s and Cara’s data falls into difficulty.
If I select for the card Valuation_Added_On_Time the month of January
o Come from Valuation Added On Time
o Come from Appointment Date
• Purchases, No-Shows, Shows
o Come from Appointment change time
The problem comes in when you start looking at percentage performance.
• If we select valuation added on date, we end up with an inaccurate purchase count and appointment records
• If we select appointment change date, we end up with an inaccurate valuation count
• To get the right data, I’ve used different cards to select data from the same time range, but off different date range fields.
4.1 Continued Problem
• To get the ratios right (see left/right on the funnel image), I need to select data from two different data range fields on the same card
Solve this problem.