1. Project Overview
The goal of this tool is to create a tool that dog owners can use to understand exactly what they are feeding their dogs and what’s missing from the dog’s diet.
A simple search will allow users to find the food they want to analyze and get a detailed breakdown of ingredients, pros and cons of each product, ingredient scores as well as an overall food score.
Example: [login to view URL]
The main influence on this tool is the EWG Skindeep tool that does for skincare products what we want to do for Dog Food
Wordpress: The tool will be hosted on [login to view URL], a Wordpress website.
Elementor Page Builder: The website is built with Elementor Page builder though how much Elementor is used for the tool may vary.
Crocoblock?: I believe this could be built within the Crocoblock library. This would make it easier to update not only content but design elements as well. But dependant on developer and this element flexible.
3. Functional Requirements
- A short text review of each ingredient
- A score from 1-10
- Display the list of ingredients in the product including text and individual scores
- A summary numerical score based on an average score of the ingredients
- Do we need to weigh the ingredient scores?
Going to try without weighing ingredient scores to see how some of the product scores look, if they are way off we will look into weighting them.
- Ability to search by:
- Product name
- Ability to sort by:
- Highest score
- Lowest score
- We would like to give users the ability to request their food of choice and select ingredients from a list of the ingredients we have reviewed/scored.
- Food submissions should be on hold until manually reviewed by a DNM team member before publishing live.
4. Dogs Naturally Supplied
- Products (Some products to start but most will be added by crowdsourcing)
- Ingredient descriptions
- Ingredient Scores