Thank you for taking the time to review my project.
I'm looking for the a very skilled programmer with Java, HTML and Excel skills to carry out work on desktop software. The software is for writing business plans. Details of the software platform can be found at the following website:
([url removed, login to view]).
Carry out following modifications to the existing software / Source code
1. Update the library programs used for the application to the latest libraries. The libraries were updated in 2014 by previous programmer. Fix any issues that may arise on updating the libraries.
2. Upgrade build to the latest Java version. Latest is 1.8 from the following link and fix any issues that may arise.
Note: previous programmer upgraded build to JDK 1.7 in 2014 while JDK 1.8 was in beta). Link to JDK 1.7 is below:
[url removed, login to view]
3. Ensure 'Save' and 'Save As' functions are error free when user tries to save business plan the first time (Note that in JDK 1.7 is error message appeared when user executed this action. JDK 1.8 should have fixed the error. See link below that describes the error condition:
[url removed, login to view]
4. Integrate text based html page / template with existing templates.
5. Integrate Excel (HTML) based template with existing templates
6. Link the templates to other template on navigation column.
7. Edit some formulas in existing Excel (HTML) templates; P&L Projection, Twelve Months Cash flow,
8. Edit some text in tool tips in the “Assumptions” template.
9. Link the “business name” entered in field in the “business details” template to field in the “Assumptions” template
10. Delete one link from HTML template
11. Edit eight anchor text of HTML links on one page and add tag so links open own window.
12. Edit text on footer of Executive Summary template
13. Test and ensure all the changes made to the software are functional and bug free. If changes cause errors in other templates and the software as a whole, these must be fixed.
14. Make changes to the work carried out, if necessary, based on feedback provided by the buyer after he has test the changes made as described in this statement of works document.
15. Deliver complied EXE Jar file to buyer for testing – after changes have been made
16. The completed software should be complied as one executable file (EXE) with installer and desktop icon. I will suggest/provide suitable installer, desktop icon and license agreement to be added to the installer. Note: adding installer is a MUST so that the software can be protected using integrated server site security developed for EXE software.
17. Upload completed / updated source code to [url removed, login to view] for the buyer to download.
The freelancer chosen for the project must sign the "NDA" and "Statement of Works" document before starting the project.
Freelancers bidding on this project MUST provide evidence that they have carried out JAVA based project over the past 12 months.
Please don't waste your time bidding on this project if you don't have the skills required and your feedback score isn't EXCELLENT.
If you haven't completed more than 15 projects and JAVA isn't included at the top of your skills profile, don't bid on this project.
I'm only interested in recruiting the the best programmers to work on my projects. Although the main deliverables are adding two templates and updating to latest JAVA and libraries, my budget is $750.
I believing in rewarding for going the extra mile hence, I'll award bonus of 10% to the Freelancer, based on performance.
Thanks again for reviewing my project and I look forward to working with a true professional, with integrity and excellent customer track record.